Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu

Well, the menu for the SuperBowl party is almost set.  Indiana will be represented by "Fried Pork Loin Sandwiches" or a center loin pork-chop, butterflied out, breaded and then deep fried (I may go with a pan fry in cast iron, depending on the availability of my boys Fry-Daddy.  I think one of his overly health conscious ex's may have slipped it in the garbage.) 

My thought is to do this with a pork loin, and make "Sliders" or small sandwich's for passing on a plate.  This will make shopping, frying, portion control and serving much easier.  Still, fried pork is NEVER a bad thing.

I am waiting on the overtime between Minnesota and New Orleans to come in.  Minnesota is (to me) calling for a wild rice pilaf with dried cranberries, but The Mrs. is holding out for some form of Scandinavian food like Gravlox, herring (in any way I can remember from the honey moon) or perhaps a Swedish Smorgasbord.

Aaaaand after seeing the game wining field goal by The Saints, it would seem that the other half of dinner will be a jambalaya. 

This is going to be a AWESOME dinner.  Both The Mrs. and I have been knocked out of my school's pool, but we are both excited for a good company, good dinner, good game and the best team winning.

Pictures will be posted of the feast in two weeks gentle readers, but there will be dinners between then and now.

I close with the final thought, finish if you can.

"Breakfasts come and go René......."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

but hartford . the Wail . . . they win a championship once or twice in a lifetime

Unknown said...

I'm certainly looking forward to our Superbowl menu!