Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK was the Man

Martin Luther King Jr. was the MAN.

That being said, I am going to just cook a meal that will feed sweetie and me for a day or two.

I have been marinading a pork loin in Italian dressing for the majority of the day.  I will put it in a 400 degree oven next to some potatoes, (tossed in the same dressing) and carrots.

As it comes out of the oven I will rest it on a resting rig (small plate inverted over a large plate over paper towels) let it sit for 10 minutes and then carve.


Resting Rig.

I hope to have extra potatoes and carrots (Samosas tomorrow I am thinking).  I bought some salad in a bag and will serve it next to the pork and tubers.

My thought is feed sweetie as she would like to be fed (less bread than I have been making lately) and work with what I have.

Pics to follow when I make the meal


Dinner is served.  Tubers, Rice, Foccacia and the pork. 

No comments: